Shandong University of Technology, founded in 1956, is located in the historic birthplace of Qi culture-Zibo City, Shandong Province. It is a key university of science and technology in Shandong Province. The school occupies an area of 240 hectares, is strategically located, and has convenient transportation. The school currently has 25 colleges, 11 school-level research institutes, more than 33,300 full-time undergraduate students, more than 2,900 graduate students.
The school has a complete talent training system for bachelor, master and doctor. There are 70 undergraduate programs, 48 master programs, and 4 doctoral programs. The disciplines cover 9 disciplines, including engineering, science, economics, management, literature, law, history, education, and art. The majors of power engineering, civil engineering, finance, accounting, international economics and trade, Chinese language and literature, and Chinese language and literature (business Chinese) are in the leading position in the province and have a high impact at home and abroad. The school offers courses in international economics and trade (in the direction of international logistics) taught in English. The school has Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) test sites, Business Chinese Test (BCT) test sites, and the China International Education Association of China Shandong University of Technology Teacher Examination Center (International Chinese Teacher Practice Certificate, Foreign Chinese Teacher Training Qualification Certificate). Recipient institutions of government scholarship students and Shandong government scholarship students.
The school has established friendly and cooperative relations with nearly 90 universities in the United States, Britain, South Korea, Russia, New Zealand and other countries, and has carried out extensive and in-depth cooperation in Sino-foreign cooperative education, teacher-student exchange and scientific research cooperation. Now cooperates with Ireland, South Korea, New Zealand and other countries to carry out 6 Chinese-foreign cooperation in running school projects; with a number of well-known foreign universities jointly launched "2 + 2" and "3 + 1 + 1" student exchange programs abroad . In recent years, it has trained more than 4,000 international students from South Korea, Russia, the United States, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and other countries. International students are welcome to come to our school to study.
Recruiting majors and academic systems
Short-term: Chinese language training class, cultural experience class, hobby class (2 weeks-3 months)
Long-term: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced (1 semester-2 years)
4）PhD student（3-5 years）
1. Long-term language students: 18-45 years of age, healthy, non-Chinese citizens holding valid foreign passports [According to the notice of the Ministry of Education No.  No. 83, applicants studying in China must Hold a valid foreign passport or nationality document for more than 4 years (including), and have a record of actually living abroad for more than 2 years in the latest 4 years (until April 30 of the school year) (actually abroad in one year 9 months of residence can be counted as one year, subject to entry and exit seals). For applicants who meet the above requirements, they must submit: (1) Certificate of naturalization; (2) Cancellation of the original Chinese household registration certificate; (3) Copy of the passport immigration signature page of the last 4 years (the original is for inspection); ) Proof of study or experience abroad in the last 2 years. ]. Abide by Chinese laws and school rules and regulations, and respect the customs and habits of the Chinese people.
2. Undergraduates: 18-25 years old, non-Chinese citizens who have obtained a high school diploma, are in good health, and hold a valid foreign passport. Chinese majors require HSK level 4 and above; English majors require English proficiency to meet the teaching requirements, or pass our English proficiency test. Abide by Chinese laws and school rules and regulations, and respect the customs and habits of the Chinese people.
3. Postgraduate students: 18-35 years old, non-Chinese citizens with a bachelor's degree, good health, and a valid foreign passport. Chinese majors require HSK level 5 and above; English majors require English proficiency to meet the teaching requirements, or pass our English proficiency test. Abide by Chinese laws and school rules and regulations, and respect the customs and habits of the Chinese people.
4. Doctoral students: 18-40 years old, non-Chinese citizens who have obtained a master's degree, are in good health, and hold a valid foreign passport. Chinese majors require HSK level 5 and above; English majors require English proficiency to meet the teaching requirements, or pass our English proficiency test. Abide by Chinese laws and school rules and regulations, and respect the customs and habits of the Chinese people.
Note: For international students who are under the age of 18 and whose parents are not resident in China, the parents must entrust a foreigner or Chinese resident in China as the guardian of the student, and provide relevant certification materials Copy of ID (must be a resident in Zi, regardless of nationality); a copy of the first page of the passports of both parents.
1. "Application Form for International Students Admission to Shandong University of Technology" (downloadable from http://oice.sdut.edu.cn/8d/fe/c2174a36350/page.htm);
2. Highest degree certificate (for example: high school diploma), if the applicant is a student at school, he must submit a certificate of attendance issued by the school he / she is studying in;
3. Transcript of highest academic degree;
4. Copy of passport;
5. Proof of language ability (not required for applicants for language training);
6. Proof of family income / certificate of deposit (must cover expenses for studying and living in China);
7. Two letters of recommendation from associate professor and above (submitted only for those applying for graduate degree programs);
8. Study and research plan in China. Written in Chinese or English, no less than 800 words (submitted only by applicants for degree programs);
9. Personal resumes over the age of 20 (templates can be downloaded from http://oice.sdut.edu.cn/8e/00/c2174a36352/page.htm);
10. Proof of work (if any, must be provided);
11. Foreign Physical Examination Record and blood test report (downloadable from http://oice.sdut.edu.cn/8e/01/c2174a36353/page.htm);
12. No criminal record certificate.
The applicant guarantees that all application materials are true and accurate. In addition to the above application materials, our school may require applicants to provide other supplementary materials as required. Application materials will not be returned regardless of admission. The inter-school project of the friendly school is implemented according to the specific requirements of the project.
How to apply
(1) Submit application materials by mail. All application materials must be delivered before mid-June (autumn semester admission) or mid-December (spring semester admission). After receiving the application materials, our school will conduct a review, and the school will ask the applicant to provide supplementary materials or conduct a telephone / video interview with the applicant according to the situation.
Applicants for Chinese government scholarships will be implemented in accordance with the relevant recruitment process and standards of the National Education Fund Management Committee of the Ministry of Education.
(2) After admission, the school will issue admission notices such as Shandong University of Technology and JW202 / JW201 for students with a study period of 6 months or more; issue admission documents such as Shandong University of Technology admissions for students with a study period of 6 months or less . When applying for a study visa to China, students must bring the original and photocopy of the above materials.
To apply for an X2 visa within 6 months of study time, you must apply for an X1 visa for more than 6 months of study time, and apply to the Student Affairs Office of the International Education Institute within 30 days after arriving in China to convert the X1 visa into a residence permit certificate.
(3) When registering in China, you must bring the original application materials mentioned above.
Our school is a Chinese Government Scholarship, Shandong Provincial Government Scholarship for International Student Training Qualifications, and Shandong University of Science and Technology International Student Scholarship. Our school is also a receiving institution for international students such as GENERATION UK-CHINA ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS, Prime Minister ’s Scholarships for Asia, and the Saudi Government Scholarship. For details, please refer to the website: http://oice.sdut.edu.cn/2191/list.htm.
Shandong University of Technology has international student dormitories of different specifications and conditions. Each room is equipped with bed linen, air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, water dispenser, toilet / shower, and a common kitchen and laundry room. International students can dine in the school cafeteria (approximately 30 yuan a day), or cook their own meals in the kitchen of the international student apartment or go out to eat in restaurants around the school.
Mailing address: International Cooperation and Exchange Office, Shandong University of Technology, No. 266, Xincun West Road, Zhangdian District, Zibo City, Shandong Province 255000